As British Columbia public health authorities develop guidelines to lift some restrictions on gathering in a responsible way, Gymnastics BC has been working with viaSport and the Province of British Columbia to understand the recommendations our Chief Provincial Health Officer and how they best apply within sport.
The attached Prince George Gymnastics COVID-19 Safety Plan has been developed in order to ensure:
• health and safety of all individuals is a priority
• activities are in alignment with provincial health recommendations
• modifications to activities are in place in order to reduce the risks to each sport organization and its participants
• our sport is united and aligned on a plan to reopen throughout the province
While we do hope things will return to normal in the not too distant future, this COVID-19 Safety Plan will be the ‘new normal’ until we are advised otherwise by public health authorities.
If you choose to enter the club facility and/or participate in activities, you must follow these rules:
• If you don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home.
• If you have (or if someone from your household has) traveled outside of Canada, you are not permitted at the facility until you have self-isolated for a minimum of 14 days.
• If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID19, please stay home.
• Wash/sanitize your hands before participating.
• Bring your own equipment, water bottle, hand sanitizer etc. Equipment list has been provided previously.
• Comply with physical distancing measures at all time.
• Avoid physical contact with others, including shaking hands, high fives, etc.
• Leave the facility as quickly as possible after the program, parents should plan to drop off and pick up their children promptly at the scheduled times.
• Please ensure your child comes prepared to practice;
Our Return to Sport Plan is based on current public health guidance. While we are all doing our best to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, while the virus circulates in our communities it is impossible to completely eliminate the risk. Each participant must make their own decision as to whether it is in their best interest to resume participation at this time. As such, you must consider your own circumstances and make a decision that is right for you. Should you choose to join us, we require your full cooperation with our COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Prince George Gymnastics
News Detail Template: News-Detail-bootstrap3